Monday, September 13, 2004

Hello

I took yesterday (Sunday ) off and proceeded to sleep for 12 hours. I am beginning to think I have the gift of sleep. Glen 12: 6 - 8 says:

" 6 God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out when you have faith that God is speaking through you. 7 If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. If God has given you the ability to sleep for extended periods of time, do it to the best of your ability. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. " (emphisis mine). Ok, Why am I sensing some possible disbeilief from everyone here?

No, seriously, I needed it though. My body was very happy. Then I spent some of the day tidying my room. For those of my associates who remember what my room looked like in 1st year, you know what I'm talking about and boy did it need tidying!!! But I've done it and I feel much better. I acknowledge that I need to work on this area.

Watched the Jars of Clay (My favourite band in the whole wide cosmos) DVD yesterday evening. Well, some of it. Awesome. Dan Haseltine (the lead vocalist) is a bit strange though. If you've ever seen him perform you might know what I'm talking about.

Also, I have joined a small elitist sect statrted by John Peter Frank Richter, known as the Sabbath - day something or others. The correct title eludes me. (Pls. Note: This is not to be confused with 7th Day Adventists who I am not in any way belittling/ridiculing/taking the mickey out of). Well, yes, after that disclaimer, I must say that this is what we believe:

1) That every day is holy because it has been made by God. Therefore, because of that, every day is the Sabbath. Therefore, we cannot work. EVER!!!!
This has its foundations in the scriptures as can be seen by: 5 In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. Each person should have a personal conviction about this matter. Romans 14:5 This apparent "lack" of work will free us up for the more fruitful passtimes of prayer and ministry of the word. (Acts 6:4) This last comment is likely to earn me 354 Super - Spiritual points and put me in the running for this year's S.S. award and the coveted title of "Halo - Boy" for 2004.

2) Because we believe that the love of money is the root of all evil (1 Tim 6:10), as servant leaders we will take the yoke from the necks of our tempted and oppressed followers and therefore encourage them to bequeath all of their worldly possessions to us, in order to free them from temptation.

Well, this whole post is actually a lie. Except the parts about cleaning my room, sleeping (not including the bit about the gift of sleep, which doesn't exist - funny that,) and watching the DVD.
All of which were in their own right, very entertaining.

Enough of my crazed ramblings

Good Bye!!!

Распадок. (my mom has now started calling me "pancake" because of this signature. How rude!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home