Thursday, September 16, 2004

Sleepless in Seattle

Ahem, ...

"trasmettendo sull'onda corta e media"....

Nothing much to report today. Made some headway with the project. Only have two more pages to go to fulfil my quota for today. However, if I don't its no biggie. Going to work on it tonight though.

Most of my time was spent figuring out where to go from yesterday. Once I had worked it all out in my head I drew a diagram/mind map (where did they get that term from?? - I mean, is it a map of the dude's mind ?? Surely not. Well, in any case, if you were to see a map of my mind, you'd get lost rather quickly ;) ) NEway, where was I, oh yes, and now I'm working from the mind map so the structure stays very logical.

I bought some good coffee (finally). It's Ciro (for those who care) and I'm staring at the packet thinking that some would be good now. I'm going to go home soon - as the sun is in the process of going down - and have some. It will be a welcome change from that chicory muck that I have been forcing down my throat for the last while. I just wish that they sold Lavazza here.

Playing golf tomorrow, so watch this space for an update of how it goes. It should be quite entertaining for you all to read, since the world's worst golfer (this is no exaggeration) - I mean of those that can actually hit a ball; the others don't count as golfers - will be playing on the world's worst course (again, no exaggeration). There are amoeba on Saturn who could build a better golf course than this one (and play golf better than I can).

However, the fact that the blokes who I play with aren't much better (except maybe Lester) gives me some solace. Also, we may be able to fit in 18 holes as opposed to the 9 we normally play.

Had a terrible night's sleep. Woke up at around 02:30 or so and Cassie was going off, growling etc. !!! I thought she was just being her usual rashy self and trying to get some attention. She has done this in the early hours of the morning before but due to Gareth's impressive ambidextrous manipulation of a rubber band and a toilet seat while holding the gate open with one leg in a perfect ballerina - like pose, she hasn't done it in a while. Neway, I'm lying there thinking to myself "Shut up Dammit!!" when all of a twice she goes really, really silent.

This is now really freaky cos I'm thinking: "O.K. someone's just come in and killed Cassie." So I lie there waiting and listening and she's not making any noise whatsoever. Now, wisdom dictates that I get up and go and have a look around, but since I'm really not keen, I am looking for a way to search the yard without actually getting out of bed.*(You choose the ending that you find most appropriate).

*At this point I remember that earlier that day, in order to locate a piece of cheese, I had eaten the mind of a mouse. This allowed me to read the mouse's mind and find the nearest piece of cheese.

So, since the memory traces of the mouse's mind had not yet faded to a point where it was impossible, I again utilised the mouse's mind to telepathically scan the yard in search of any ... undesirables. This search was in fact fruitless, but it left me with an insatiable desire for a block of cheese, which made any chance of sleep impossible.

*Ja, so, I'm lying there going "I DO NOT WANT TO GET UP!!!" At which point I stumble onto a very clever idea: I will lie there and listen very very closely for any sound of a burglar. Since I have the highly attuned senses of the arctic mongoose, this sounds like a good idea to me. I didn't hear anything and Cassie didn't make any noise whatsoever for a good while. Anyway, when she did I though it might be time to get some sleep. Since I had been concentrating so hard, and because my sleeping pattern is thoroughly messed, I couldn't and the rest of the night was spent drifting in and out of shallow sleep.

I am keen to get some kiff dos before tomorrow.

Распадок.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home