Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Thermal Underwear

Went to watch "the terminal" last night.

All in all a good movie (won't make my top ten list though). I can see how some people might find it incredibly boring, because there was no real "climax" so to speak. There was no really bad foe to overcome and no really huge battle to fight. As a result it seemed a bit on the bland side. I suppose that's how Speilberg (or his Mexican non - union counterpart Senr. Spielbergo) wanted to make the audience feel.

That feeling that Victor Nivorsky (ah, a model communist !!!) must have felt, that feeling that Douglas Adams so aptly describes as "In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul." - Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything. Beautiful Words by a very gifted man!!! NEway can you imagine old Victor in the Airport feeling that??

Also, the way the guy figured out the trolley thing to get bucks?? Amazing! He could have given up after all his meal tickets were lost, but he didn't. He found a way to get dosh. And what I respect a lot is that he didn't beg or steal, he WORKED!

There are many other things I enjoyed about the movie. The homour was weird, very dry but i warmed up to it eventually. Gupta the cleaning dude was far too funny!!! I thought it was hysterical when he ran out to hit the boeing 767 with a mop. Kinda like david and Goliath dodn't you think? This small, frail old Indian man running to meet this hulking steel behemoth of an aircraft and thinking he can win!! He does too !! Great !!!

Sorry if I for spoiled it for anyone :P

My mate Dre diggety dawg is blogging which is cool. What is not cool is being a theif (he freely admits to copying me: dreinctown.blogspot.com). On one level, I'm quite flattered. On another, I don't really care and on a third, I'm wanting to help him because I feel he is having a crisis of identity - Love you bru!!! You know I do.

In other news, Cassie, Gareth's weird but cool dog licked my leg this morning while I was trying to lube my bicycle chain. When I say "licked" I mean full - on schlurped. This was quite disturbing and had I not been wearing track - suit pants at the time, my leg would have closely resembled the Niagra falls after a spell of very heavy rain. Believe me, it was rather sif. Gareth bru, I think we must feed the beast or else she will start to think we are food. I mean its only a natural conclusion for a dog:

Hmmm, no food again....
Damn I'm hungry !!
Wait a minute !! Maybe those things walking around on their two hind legs (how do they do > that?) are my food?
Maybe I'm supposed to catch them??? Maybe its a test??
Oooohh look, there's an unsuspecting one right now!
Slowly does it!!
Closer now!!
Ah hah !! I've got you. You unsuspecting little thing.
Lick lick lick, Hmmm, good !!! Leg of Glen tastes sooooo nice, hmmm can't get enough of
this, hmmmm soft and juicy, hmmmmmm etc etc.
Wait !! No, come back!! Not finished !!!
Must try stop thing from escaping!!!
Dope !! Got out the gate just before I could get to it...

See ??? So in the interests of my sanity, please can we feed her more ??

Thesis going well.
Stubble check: haven't shaved for 2 weeks. Going for the full - beard thing.

Распадок.



1 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

Glen... the last time I took Cassie for her shots at the Vet I took a look at a chart on the wall that had pictures of under-weight and over-weight dogs. Cassie at the time (according to this chart) was bordering on obese. So thats why she only gets 2 cups of food now per day. She is on an eating plan. She just always likes to eat. I think that she is the Canine version of Garfield.

September 20, 2004 at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home